Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Snapback Craze....

     It appears a once urban craze of the 90's is making a comeback some 20 years later. Those of us who grew up in that time remember the crazy styles, champion shirts, and Carhartt jackets. Baggy jeans, and Harlems. And of course, Starter hats. Everyone remembers this commercial (See kids....Curve Bill > Flat bill.) But like everything, times changed and the fitted hat era began in the mid to late 90's. And once you go fitted, you don't go back......or do you.


Lately there has been a demand for the styles and fit of the "snapback" hat.....called starter hats in my day. And, while retro clothing is always a way to go in some respects, I don't know how I feel about this. Sure, some of the hat styles were pretty fly back then. I know I went thru a few of them back in the day. There was a time we would  loop the snapback on out belt loops....just because we could. A fresh Starter hat to go along with our fresh Starter jacket, we were good to go.



Courtesy of coatofarmsnyc.com
I was a young teenager then, and I thought our era was defined by our style. As fly as it was back then, I don't know if I'm quite looking for it to make a comeback. The 90's were a unique time as far as music and culture were concerned and I guess a piece of me wants to keep it strictly ours. And another part of me is afraid that if that style comes back, I'll get a first hand look at how ridiculous I may have looked...lol. Either way, I think the snapback hat...I'mma still call them Starter hats..seem to be back in style. And if that is the case, so be it. All I ask is if people are gonna bring back the style.....PLEASE...PLEASE...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...CURVE YOUR BILLS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Style Bots
Part of the next blogger network